Popcorn time is an app which built a platform to allow you watch streaming TV and movies using the torrent technology. Popcorn time shows thumbnails and title of video similar to Netflix which can be played by a click. You can searched and browse the movies, daily shops, TV and video category wise too with many other unique features. Here I am going to share tricks to get download, installation process of PopCorn Time app for iOS 9.3/9.2.1/9.2/9.1/10.0.1 and below version without jailbreak.
Is it legal to install Popcorn Time app?
It’s obvious that showing someone else copyright movie and video without permission is not legal but it’s not a big crime. The methods which explained below are completely safe, without jailbreak and never hurt your device in anyway.
This tutorial does not required jailbreak and works in iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPod Touch (6th generation), iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini 4 and iPad Pro. Please make sure that latest iTune is installed in your iOS device to make this working.
Install Popcorn app without Jailbreak using windows PC
In this step you need Windows computer, iOS device and data cable to connect pc and device. Here we can use two urls to install popcorn time.
We can use either use http://popcorn-time.xyz/ or https://popcorntime.sh/en. The https://popcorntime.sh/en is older and only support windows 7 and above whereas http://popcorn-time.xyz/ offers latest version which support windows XP and above window version. The download an installation process is almost same by both service providers.
- Open http://popcorn-time.xyz/ in your browser and click on download beta 5.5 for windows XP and above.
You will observe the downloading of PopcornTime-latest.exe file within your browser.
- Run the file by right click and select run as administrator.
- Installation process will be started.
- Launch the app after download completed. Select trust option with title as “trust this computer” option.
- Plug in your iOS device using data cable and then select trust button. If it doesn’t show the trust pop up then fine.
- In step three the system asks you to turn on flight mode. Just do that. The software will pop up with title as “Untrusted app developer” respond that by click on trust button, restart your iOS device.
- Take off flight mode option now. Launch your popcorn app and enjoy without any interrupt.
Direct Installation PopCorn Time App on iOS 9.3/9.2/9.2.1/10.0.1/10.2
- At first you need to go to setting – > Date and time setting
- Turn off “set automatically” and change the date to 01 August 2014.
- Launch safari browser and Open http://iosinstaller.com/popcorn-time/ in your iOS device.
- Press install button to start download and installation process for iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
- Set the date and time to automatic mode.
- And press trust button when trust pop up appear in your iOS device.
- Launch Popcorn time app to watch movie and favorite TV shows.
PopCorn App Troubleshooting
Problem 1-Popcorn Time Loading Error (Stuck on Loading Database)
Usually this error arises when you try to launch the app. If you’re also having same issue then try below steps to get ride on it.
Solutions to Popcorn Time stopped working when loading error occurs:
1. Clear databases from Popcorn Time cache folder.
2. Change your default TV show.
3. Uninstall and reinstall Popcorn Time and then restart your iOS device.
4. Launch Popcorn Time app.
Problem 2-Popcorn Time Not Downloading Movies
1. Consider this as error if it takes longer than 15 minutes. It may take time between 10-15 minutes because of your weak internet connection.
2. Check the movie/video source from bittorrent either it available or removed.
3. See if there is lack of codec support, which will straight result in the failure of movies downloading.
Problem 3-Popcorn Time Black Screen with Sound Only
1. Confirm from bittorrent site for status of uploading, the source may have error and uploaded without video and only video.
2. Introduce VLC to fix Popcorn Time black screen issue.
3. Change the cache directory in settings to a new folder.
4. Assign PT to “Power Saving” in the AMD Catalyst program.
5. ATI graphics cards: try forcing power saving/onboard graphics in your graphics properties for popcorn time.
6. Press “Reset to Default settings” in advanced settings.
Problem 4-Popcorn Time Movie Buffering, Stuck on the “Blue Spinning Circle”
1. Shift to an external media player like VLC or something else.
2. Check if your bandwidth is sound or not.
3. Try a free service of VPN to see if it works fine.
4. A shot in the dark-change the DNS of your system (open DNS recommended).
5. Have a close relation with your ISP VTR. Change your Bittorrent client.
6. To save time and energy, use Popcorn Time alternative to download and watch movies as you desire.
Problem 5– Popcorn Time iOS is not working
For iOS 9 or below: go to ‘Settings‘ >> ‘General’ >> ‘Profile’ >> ‘Trust’ on appropriate one.
For iOS 9.2, 10.2 and above: go to ‘Settings’ >> ‘General’ >> ‘Device Management’ >> ‘Profile’ >> ‘Trust’ on appropriate one.
There are some more alternatives of Popcorn Time app such as MovieBox, ShowBox, PlayBox HD and MegaBox HD. I will post articles for each app installation, downloading and troubleshooting later in this blog.