From 12 June 2018 irctc.co.in has started redirect to https://www.irctc.co.in/nget/train-search by default. In this NGET new version of irctc thing are faster to perform but somehow difficult to find our needs as we have habit to perform ticket booking in older website.
Full form of NGET is Next Generation E ticket System.
Things become more complicated when you want to book tatkal ticket during tatkal ticket booking hours and you suddenly forcefully move to new version of irctc website where you find all different processes. This article is very useful for irctc users who want to book tatkal ticket. Tatkal ticket timing starts from 10:00 AM for all Air condition (AC) classes and 11:00 AM for all non AC classes to 11:00 PM.
Here I am going to explain you two different methods to book your tatkal tickets.
Book Tatkal Tickets from Nget version of Irctc website
- By default you will be redirect to Nget website.
- Insert your journey details, like station, journey date, classes, date flexibility option, divyaang option etc.
- You can find an option of Quota to select in right side frame of your window. Select tatkal option.
- Select your train and class. Click on check availability.
- Click on book now button below available or waiting listing option.
- Insert your irctc login credentials.
Note: You can login before too. To login before booking you need to click on login text at top middle.
- Insert passenger details and click on continue booking.
- Perform the payment options activity.
Tatkal railway ticket booking from nget is faster than older version of irctc website. And I believe irctc completely remove their older website content for user. This way you can book your ticket successfully.
Book Tatkal Tickets from older version of irctc website
You can book tatkal ticket from old website too but I believe soon the older website will be replaced by nget website. Here are the steps to follow.
- Open irctc.co.in/nget
- Click on OLD WEBSITE text link available on top frame of window.
- You will be moved to older version website of irctc.
- You can book your tatkal ticket as usual as you were booking before.
It’s notable that indian railway has launched irctc in 2002 and on first day they had booked about 27 tickets. Today irctc users are booking about 1.8 millions tickets per day for reservation quote. Between the 15 years of journey irctc has updated their website with tatkal booking, ladies quota, premium quota, divyang, senior citizen, humsafar expresses, special holiday train, pantry, food on request, special train, pilgrim special trains and many more interesting features. This all facility has given useful experience for passengers and made travelling more suitable. Irctc was working on new version of their website from long time. And recently they were introduced it with red highlight button, you were viewed this button when you were trying to login into the irctc login page.