There’s no official feature to do the same but there are some ways to send WhatsApp messages to people without saving their phone number.
Do you know that you can send messages on the instant-messaging app WhatsApp without saving one’s phone number.
Do you know you can send messages on the instant-messaging app WhatsApp without saving one’s phone number? Yes, you heard it right. The majority of the users are unaware of this feature on WhatsApp. Usually, WhatsApp doesn’t allow chatting with someone without saving their number first. However, there are certain ways you can text someone unknown or not in your friend’s circle. There are three ways by which a user can message someone without saving a phone number. Read details about the methods below.
This is a useful feature because many WhatsApp privacy settings are limited to “My Contacts,” and you may not want everyone on your phone book.
- WhatsApp has no official feature to chat with any unsaved contact.
- But there’s a way that WhatsApp users can send messages without saving phone number.
- Most of these tricks are done through third party apps.
Use a web browser to send WhatsApp messages without saving a phone number
- First, open any web browser on your phone.
- Then type “http://wa.me/91xxxxxxxxxx” (in place of ‘XXXXX’ type the phone number followed by the country code; ed- “https://wa.me/9191125387″.”
- On pressing enter, you will be redirected to the WhatsApp screen.
- Click on the “Continue Chat” option.
- Now, the WhatsApp chat window of the entered mobile number will open and you can send them messages.
WhatsApp is equipped with a lot of security mechanisms. It provides end-to-end encryption. All messages sent through the platform are encrypted, and only the sender and recipient have access to them. Even if WhatsApp wanted to, it couldn’t read your communication.
Send WhatsApp messages via Truecaller, without saving phone numbers
Download the Truecaller app on your mobile and it will not only help identify unknown callers but also allow you to text directly to people without having to save their number.
- Open the Truecaller app.
- Type the phone number, of the person you want to message, in the search bar.
- The app will show the profile of the person.
- Now scroll down and tap on the WhatsApp option shown in the profile.
- The WhatsApp chat window of that person will open.
Now, you can send messages to the number without saving it in your contacts.
Use Siri Shortcut to send WhatsApp messages without saving a phone number
If you an Apple iPhone user, this trick is specially meant for you. You can send messages to unsaved contact on WhatsApp through the help of Siri.
- Open the Apple Shortcuts app on your iPhone.
- Click on the “Add shortcut”button and install the WhatsApp to Non-Contact shortcut.
- After the shortcut is installed, tap on it to run it.
- Now, you will be able to see a pop up reading “Choose recipient.”
- In the option, type the number followed with the country code (+91- for Indian number) .
The WhatsApp chat window of the given number open and you will be able to text the person without having to save their number.